3 Jul 2017
Professionals Avon Valley
Top Tips to get your home ready for the market!
Are you in the process or thinking of putting your house on the market? If so, Professionals Avon Valley have got you covered! Here are our Top 5 Tips on how to make you home more inviting for future buyers:
Fix and Tidy!
- Check your home for anything that may need repairing- holes in walls, cracked tiles, broken door handles, etc. Nobody wants to buy a home and have to spend more money on minor repairs.
- Clean! Clean! Clean! A tidy home is a pleasant home. Make sure your carpets are steamed, your tiles polishes, your kitchen benches sparkling! Potential buyers want to buy a home that is looked after and hygienic. Be vigilant when it comes to cleaning.
- A manicured garden is every home owners dream! So make sure your garden is trimmed and tidy. The garden is the first contact your future buyer will make with the home, with a manicured garden, it will be much more inviting.
Less is more.
- I’m sure you have all heard of this saying, but it’s true! Declutter and accentuate your home without all the bits and bobs. Simple is on trend not only for fashion, but also for interior! It’s aesthetically pleasing for everyone.
- If you don’t already have an updated kitchen, and you are really wanting to make a bang for your buck, then you need to update! Whether it’s a fresh coat of white paint (white tends to open and brighten up a room, so that’s the way to go!) on the walls, new bench tops or a whole new kitchen, a nice kitchen will add value to your home, no questions asked.
Aroma in the home.
- Light a candle and let the scent do all the work! One of the first thing’s you will notice when going into a room will be the smell. A candle can make a world of a difference not only in smell, but in sight.
Bring light into every room.
- Open the curtains and blinds! Place lamps into dark corners to bring them back to life and make every room more inviting. Lighting will be one of your best friends when selling!
The staff here at Professionals Avon Valley strive to help you get the most out of selling your home and we aim to provide useful tips and tricks to help you be a successful buyer/seller!
If there’s any other tips you find useful, please comment below. We’d Love to hear from you!