21 Feb 2018
Professionals Avon Valley
What do home buyers look for?
Have you just listed, or about to list your property for sale? Worried that your home might not sell as fast as youâ€™d like it to? You are not alone! So many home buyers have high hopes to sell their property quickly and sufficiently, but sometimes this isnâ€™t always the case. Most home buyers look for a property that has little to no work to be done (Unless you are an investor, most investors like to add value to the property themselves). Do you have the Top 5 attributes to your home that home buyers are looking for? See the list below:
- A modern kitchen- I think everyone knew this would be at the top of the list. Whether you cook, or you donâ€™t, a nice kitchen is usually the focal point especially online when advertising for sale. Have a dated kitchen? Go white! Head into Bunnings and purchase yourself some paint and get going! All it takes is a fresh coat of paint over your cupboards and BAM! Modernized for something you can do yourself! Add new cabinet handles of your choice and then, you have a modern kitchen! See photo below of DIY update kitchen before and after by â€˜liveloveDIYâ€™.
- Natural Light- Thereâ€™s natural light, and then there is artificial natural light. If you are already lucky enough to have a lot of windows throughout your property than great! But if you are like many other and only have small windows and now a whole lot of them, get the paint brush out and lighten those walls! This will complement the smaller windows in your house and make it look more airy and open.
- Smart Storage- Smart storage is always a winner when looking for your perfect home! Storage is the best way to keep your house neat, tidy and organised. Who doesnâ€™t love that?! The more linen pressâ€™ you have the better. A recessed wall with shelving always works a treat too, especially if its organised and placed neatly to the eye. See an example of a recessed wall that i s organised (photograph supplied by: Pinterest).
- Fresh Paint- Fresh light paint throughout the property will work wonders. Neutral colors allow prospective buyers to envision their own furniture placed in the home. Make it neutral, light and airy and youâ€™ll have a buyer in not time!
- Structurally Sound- Is your property structurally sound? It might be worth having your own building inspector come through to conduct a building inspection on the property. If by chance your property does come back with defects, you are able to get onto the issues prior to listing your property. This saves time and avoids losing a potential buyer.
The sales team at Â Professionals Avon Valley hope this has helped you move in the right direction of selling your home with our Top 5 Tips and we look forward to helping you on your selling journey.
If you are considering selling your property, please call Gracie on 0457 554 055.
120 Fitzgerald Street, Northam